Monday 30 May 2011

Bourjois Little Round Pots: Swatches and First Impressions

I've been quite intrigued by Bourjois Little Round Pots for quite a while now. Not only does the name sound adorable, but I've always been one for eyeshadow singles; not really as convenience but more like a collectors item!

I popped into Boots today and picked up a couple of shades, no. 12, in which the name I don't know! (if anyone does please let me know ASAP) which is a beautiful deep purple shade, perfect for a twist on smoky eye, and no. 54 - Marron Glacé which is a neutral brown that would make an ideal daily all over lid colour. The fact its in one pot makes it convenient!


These pots come in a cute little packaging with a little mirror on the top. I've purchased the Bourjois Round Pot blusher before and thats quite difficult to open as it usually gets stuck shut and needs some extra effort to do so. However these opened like a dream so this defect must only happen to some of them!

The powder is quite pigmented, however Bourjois is one of the few brands that actually encourage their eyeshadow to be applied with water, as this increases the vibrance of the colour. This isn't the best option for an eyeshadow on the market, but the use of water can make it look more 'fresh'. I've done some swatches to show the comparison, the brush used was relatively damp for the second set.

without water

with water

As you can see from the swatches; water makes an incredible difference, especially on no. 12, it appeared quite faded on a dry swatch, but when wet the purple tones show through and there is even a slight sheen. No. 54 show a great difference, but as a neutral tone this is good, because it can be applied quickly without having to mess around with water.

These shadows are reasonably priced at £5.99 at Boots, and there is a large range of colours available. I have yet to wear them and test the longevity, but I will let you all know soon!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey :) great post! I've wanted to try these as well so might pick up a few next time I'm in boots! Thanks ps I minions your blog/ channel in my tag video that ive just uploaded! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete